Sunday, February 28, 2010

Inventing the University part 2

So after our class discussion I feel like I have a better understanding of the article. Or at least the parts that our groups discussed. For my group we had to determine the differences between writer-based and reader-based writing and determine what audience awareness is. I'm still a little unsure about what the differences between writer and reader based is but I think it has something to do with thinking about are you writing for your reader or are your writing for you. But as I said I'm not sure.

Audience awareness was the idea of knowing the audience you are presenting your writing to. If you are writing about how you hate football then you probably shouldn't let a football fan read you essay. Or if you are writing about a certain topic that your audience doesn't know a lot about then you should go in to a little more detail in describing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment