Thursday, April 8, 2010

Plagiarism and College Culture

Well my experience in college I think has been very different from people at Notre Dame. This year I have been focusing mostly in theatre and trying to make a name for myself there. I have been doing other classes that fill the GE requirement as well but my free time is taken away because of theatre. I spend a lot of nights finishing up homework and projects. My afternoon is spent working in the theatre and taking some classes. On a usual basis I get maybe an average of four hours of sleep every night. Its difficult for me sometimes to keep up with my classes but as long as I get a passing grade my teachers and parents are happy.

Since my major is theatre its hard for me not to want to do that over my other classes. So I have to actually block out time to do other homework and get it all done. This in a way is stressful but I am happy with what I am doing and don't feel too stressed out.

I think Notre Dame students have a different kind of stress. For them it might be also late nights to finish a project or homework but I don't think they are focusing on theatre like me. They may just have a different kind of extracurricular like sports or something. Some of the students there may also not have to worry about the pricing of classes. Either they may come from a rich family or are on a free ride with scholarships. For me I have to pick my classes carefully and know I can pass them otherwise its a waste of money and I have to take it over again.

So I guess there are some similarities between the two but the kind of stress caused by working so much may be different in the kinds of activities as well as how many classes they are taking. I don't know if the students there are taking 18 units their freshman year like me or not. Its something to look up.

4 comments:

  1. Lol four hours of sleep? that's sooooooo little. I get at least eight a night. I try to do the same, choosing my classes wisely because I don't want to waste money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do theater so I know how time consuming it can be, but man..4hours of sleep? I commend you on your dedication. I hope you got some sleep over the break :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 hours sleep is very less, i am using www.findplagiarism.net to check plagiarism, because it's very and quick responsive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the thing about theater -- you put in your blood, sweat, and tears (hopefully the blood is only metaphorical, although accidents do happen), and it takes up sooo much time -- but it's so rewarding it's addictive. It sounds like you're developing a good work ethic to make sure you're doing what you need to do for your other classes, but I hope you manage to carve out some more time to rest!

    ReplyDelete